Monday 27 August 2012

Language!

 Both of us have been finding the language quite tiring - I have really enjoyed catching up with some of my friends who I worked in Happy Child with, and speaking loads of Portuguese again but it's frustrating when lots of common words escape you and you know the accent sounds a bit classic, and I often get home exhausted. Claire is really enjoying hearing and speaking again, and even though she's picking it up again so quickly, I think it is a lot more frustrating for her, people's perceptions of who you are based on how much you speak..i'm sure she'll describe it herself...it's going to be a difficult first period with language but we're looking forward so much to building relationships with people in Medina so I think we'll get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment